Store at room temperature.
This innovative and patented product has some of the properties of feline facial pheromones. Pheromones are chemical substances secreted by animals to confirm their territory and to communicate with others. The cat usually uses facial pheromones to familiarize itself with its environment.
Surfaces that have been marked with these pheromones are recognized by the cat as familiar and comforting. Facial pheromones are deposited by rubbing the object with the side of the face. Amongst other properties, facial pheromones will inhibit urinary marking when applied to an area.
The marking involves a well recognized behavioural sequence where the cat:
- Selects a vertical surface
- Paws at the ground
- Turns its back to the surface
- Lifts its tail to a vertical position whilst remaining standing
- Sprays the surface with a horizontal jet of urine
The cat will perform this behavioural sequence of urine marking:
- During a period of sexual activity
- Following an event that changes its environment (new arrival – human or animal, new objects, new furniture, moving house, journeys or any other event perceived by the cat as stressful).
Urine marks produced in this way are characterised by a strong smell even though the quantity of urine deposited each time is usually small and they are found at about 20 cms above the floor.
Precautions and warnings:
The product will not stain or mark. Nevertheless, owing to the wide variety of materials used in household furnishings, we advise that you should test the product on a sample that is not easily visible prior to using it.
For best results, the product should be allowed to come up to room temperature by leaving it in the room for about 1 hour before using it and it should be shaken prior to use.
Flammable. Keep away from all naked flames. Do not smoke. Keep out of reach of children. Keep the container securely fastened.